Greetings From Illinois!!

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Animal
Location: East Peoria, IL, USA(Yes, I'm a Yankee Blue Stater!)

Greetings From Illinois!!

Post by Animal » Mon December 25th, 2006, 1:13 am

I signed up for this site last winter, and finally decided I'd announce myself. I've been listening to WREKage and checking out Vibrations of Doom for awhile now, and I gotta say I LOVE IT!!

Vince

Post by Vince » Mon December 25th, 2006, 2:53 am

sweet. what's happenin

Animal

Post by Animal » Mon December 25th, 2006, 3:47 am

Not much here- just having some brews. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

MikeLindgren

Post by MikeLindgren » Mon December 25th, 2006, 4:52 am

Illinois!? Who knew WREKage was such a phenomenon? My ex-car was from Palatine. I don't remember anything from Chicago, since I am fearful of heights, and managed to get totally annihilated on the plane via round after round of cocktails. I'm quite pleased I didn't get nicked by the po-po's for public drunkenness at O'Hare.

Hails dude.

Animal

Post by Animal » Mon December 25th, 2006, 1:18 pm

Let me guess- I'm the first Northerner to sign up here?

kfoll

Post by kfoll » Mon December 25th, 2006, 1:45 pm

Animal wrote:Let me guess- I'm the first Northerner to sign up here?
Nope. I'm from Michigan originally, and I lived in Chicago from 1996-2002. There are a number of other transplanted yankees here too.
----------------------------------

Animal

Post by Animal » Mon December 25th, 2006, 4:05 pm

kfoll wrote:
Nope. I'm from Michigan originally, and I lived in Chicago from 1996-2002. There are a number of other transplanted yankees here too.
Wherebouts in Michigan? I lived in Grand Haven for 3 1/2 years, right on Lake Michigan.

Nice meeting you.

MikeLindgren

Post by MikeLindgren » Mon December 25th, 2006, 4:11 pm

Fuck the two of you. I'm hailing from Kalama-fucking-zoo. Home of the K-Wings, K-Stadium, and close enough to Battle Creek to be a cereal city annex.

Ever been to Saugatuck? Petoskey, Saugatuck, Traverse City, and Macinac Island almost make up for Flint.

I'm dying to go back and visit. I haven't been that way since '97.

kfoll

Post by kfoll » Mon December 25th, 2006, 4:40 pm

Animal wrote:
kfoll wrote:
Wherebouts in Michigan? I lived in Grand Haven for 3 1/2 years, right on Lake Michigan.

Nice meeting you.
Likewise. ;)
I was born in Munising, which is in the Upper Peninsula on Lake Superior. I lived in Bay City and Berrien Springs which is near Benton Harbor --SW Michigan, when I was quite young. I have not been back there except for short visits since I was 10 years old though. All I can really remember is that it's really hot and humid in summer and really frickn cold in winter. And in Upper Peninsula it's really beautiful in the autumn.

kfoll

Post by kfoll » Mon December 25th, 2006, 4:43 pm

MikeLindgren wrote:Fuck the two of you. I'm hailing from Kalama-fucking-zoo. Home of the K-Wings, K-Stadium, and close enough to Battle Creek to be a cereal city annex.

Ever been to Saugatuck? Petoskey, Saugatuck, Traverse City, and Macinac Island almost make up for Flint.

I'm dying to go back and visit. I haven't been that way since '97.
Kalamafuckingzoo is one place I can never remember going, although my parents say we used to drive through there. I do remember going through the Kelloggs factory though and getting some tiny boxes of cereal.

Mike ever seen "The Road to Wellville" -- movie with Anthony Hopkins & Matthew Broderick? If not, go rent it now! It's a comedy about Dr. Kellogg and his Sanitarium there in Battle Creek. You'll laugh your ass off!

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Mon December 25th, 2006, 9:27 pm

kfoll wrote:
yep...I'm from New England. born in Connecticut but was all over the place up there. Tomorrow morning I'm actually flying up there to visit my family. I'm going to Mass and Maine.

but anyways, that's fuckin awesome you listen to wrekage...even I listen to it online when I go up north. I wish our station was up online...hopefully soon.
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Mike
WREKage Staff

Post by Mike » Mon December 25th, 2006, 11:19 pm

Metalfreak wrote:
kfoll wrote:
yep...I'm from New England. born in Connecticut but was all over the place up there. Tomorrow morning I'm actually flying up there to visit my family. I'm going to Mass and Maine.

but anyways, that's fuckin awesome you listen to wrekage...even I listen to it online when I go up north. I wish our station was up online...hopefully soon.
Yeah I never understood why WRAS cited legal reasons for not streaming online.

braindrag

Re: Greetings From Illinois!!

Post by braindrag » Tue December 26th, 2006, 1:58 pm

Animal wrote:I signed up for this site last winter, and finally decided I'd announce myself. I've been listening to WREKage and checking out Vibrations of Doom for awhile now, and I gotta say I LOVE IT!!
East Peoria? My girlfriend is from Peoria. I've heard of Coop Records and many other things.