FREE Aurora Borealis New Timeline CD Download Here

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

AURORA4DTH

FREE Aurora Borealis New Timeline CD Download Here

Post by AURORA4DTH » Thu February 3rd, 2011, 3:41 am

Hello to all. Although not in Atlanta anymore the band actually started there from the ashes of the Old Band lestregus Nosferatus. Anyone remember them??
Anywhere here is more info from a former Atlanta based band.

After tons of long hard work we are proud to share the new Aurora Borealis cd Timeline: The Beginning and End Of Everything.
The CD is available as a free download Courtesy of Aurora Borealis. They are 256kb mp3's and full high res art / layout.
A direct Link is Here:
http://www.auroraborealis.org/html/news.html

The Hard Copy of the cd will only be available through the band by pay pal nrthfromhere@aol.com or by sending check or money order to Ron Vento 3432 Rockefeller CT Waldorf MD 20602
$10 USA and $14 World
It has a 12 page full color booklet with artwork by Ron Miller (production designer for the movie Dune) There will only be one pressing.
The cd was recorded at Nightsky Studios. www.nightskystudios.org

"Timeline: The Beginning And End Of Everything", which was produced by the band's guitarist/vocalist Ron Vento, marks the recording debut of drummer Mark Green. It will consist of nine tracks and two narratives. The album is a conceptual effort that starts from the beginning of all existence and continues through until the very end of universe and the eventual retraction and rebirth of it all.

"Timeline: The Beginning And End Of Everything" track listing:

01. Our Legacy
02. Crucible Of Creation
03. Formation
04. Stygian Depths
05. A Creature Called Human (Among Other Things)
06. The Evolution After Evolution
07. The Only Space Race That Matters
08. Beyond The Oort Cloud
09. Tearing Holes In The Fabric Of Time
10. Prelude To Cessation
11. The Rebirth
Last edited by AURORA4DTH on Mon February 14th, 2011, 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Re: Aurora Borealis New Timeline CD 11 Minute Preview

Post by WREKage-Paul » Fri February 4th, 2011, 12:59 am

AURORA4DTH wrote:Hello to all. Although not in Atlanta anymore the band actually started there from the ashes of the Old Band lestregus Nosferatus. Anyone remember them??
Yep, in fact "Skully" from Lestregus is still a frequent listener and caller to WREKage. Only saw 'em a couple of times but they were good shows...especially the one where they headlined AFTER King Diamond. :lol:
Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM

AURORA4DTH

Post by AURORA4DTH » Fri February 4th, 2011, 3:19 am

Paul, that is awesome. I still talk to Skully quite regularly. He actually is supposed to come visit me when he makes the trip up here to DC for Immortal show.

I played quite a few shows with those guys back in the day. Had a great time.
We also came down to the studio for a live interview way back when. I had a blast man.

DeathfareDevil

Post by DeathfareDevil » Sat February 5th, 2011, 12:50 am

So glad this band is still around. Love all the albums. I'm forcing myself not to check out the preview so I can get the full, unadulterated experience when the new one arrives in my mailbox.

I remember hearing a Lestregus song on WREKage at some point in the last couple of years. Nice surprise. The only other LN tracks I've heard were the rerecorded versions on Time Unveiled. Needless to say, they were cool.

Can't wait to hear Timeline!

AURORA4DTH

Post by AURORA4DTH » Sat February 5th, 2011, 1:24 am

Death, thanx man glad you like the stuff. Those two lestregus songs actually first appeared on the 1st MCD mansions of eternity. Then Die hard added them later on. I actually found a box of those after 20 years believe it or not. I will be selling those when the timeline cd is released. I have a box of 25 copies. I really want to keep them for myself hahah but I will only keep like 3 or so and sell the rest.

V-GER

Post by V-GER » Sat February 5th, 2011, 10:11 am

I have had Time Unveiled for awhile now and enjoy it alot. Looking forward to the new release. Saw a few of the webisodes featuring the drums.

AURORA4DTH

Post by AURORA4DTH » Mon February 14th, 2011, 3:59 am

Just updated the top of the thread to include the Free download link. Enjoy!

HatchetHead

Post by HatchetHead » Thu February 24th, 2011, 2:33 pm

WREKage-Paul wrote:
AURORA4DTH wrote:Hello to all. Although not in Atlanta anymore the band actually started there from the ashes of the Old Band lestregus Nosferatus. Anyone remember them??
Yep, in fact "Skully" from Lestregus is still a frequent listener and caller to WREKage. Only saw 'em a couple of times but they were good shows...especially the one where they headlined AFTER King Diamond. :lol:
The king Diamond show was cool.Except We(lestregus) were forced to play after King Diamond. Get this the road manager told me the king has to be in bed by midnight,so there wasn't time for two local acts. Thus they made us play after them.lol.wierd. Oh, I did lead vocals and bass for the group for 4 years. I was on the 2nd and 3rd demos.
Your Dead Homie,
HatchetHead

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu February 24th, 2011, 3:30 pm

HatchetHead wrote:
WREKage-Paul wrote:
Get this the road manager told me the king has to be in bed by midnight
Ruling the metal world can be exhausting i'm sure.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Thu February 24th, 2011, 6:13 pm

HatchetHead wrote:Get this the road manager told me the king has to be in bed by midnight

It is the Witching Hour, though 9pm would seem more apropos.

The King seems to have quite a few quirks. I read an interview with him about how he has to tie his hair up in a towel for an extended period of time right after he gets off stage in order to not constantly get sick.

Whatevs, I hope he's beating the heart BS. Looks like he's not out of the woods yet: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=150748
"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Fri February 25th, 2011, 3:15 am

HatchetHead wrote:The king Diamond show was cool.Except We(lestregus) were forced to play after King Diamond. Get this the road manager told me the king has to be in bed by midnight,so there wasn't time for two local acts. Thus they made us play after them.lol.wierd.
As I recall, the Lestregus fans there almost outnumbered the KD fans, and The King was Not Happy about annoyed fans chanting "Lestregus!" during his set. The venue was also required to provide a 12-man security cordon for The King from the tour-bus door to the backstage door -- a distance of perhaps 20 feet across a deserted parking-lot. "Dudes!" their TM told us, "we've seen fans climb over three security guards just for the chance to touch the King!!!"

So they got some of the local crew to line up by the door and 'guard' the King. With straight faces, even.

Cathedral had just gotten booted off the tour for some perceived slight to The King. :roll:
www.wrekage.org

Strange

Post by Strange » Fri February 25th, 2011, 11:29 am

WREKage-Paul wrote:
HatchetHead wrote:The king Diamond show was cool.Except We(lestregus) were forced to play after King Diamond. Get this the road manager told me the king has to be in bed by midnight,so there wasn't time for two local acts. Thus they made us play after them.lol.wierd.
As I recall, the Lestregus fans there almost outnumbered the KD fans, and The King was Not Happy about annoyed fans chanting "Lestregus!" during his set. The venue was also required to provide a 12-man security cordon for The King from the tour-bus door to the backstage door -- a distance of perhaps 20 feet across a deserted parking-lot. "Dudes!" their TM told us, "we've seen fans climb over three security guards just for the chance to touch the King!!!"

So they got some of the local crew to line up by the door and 'guard' the King. With straight faces, even.

Cathedral had just gotten booted off the tour for some perceived slight to The King. :roll:
Given how pissed Skully was that night, the security detail might not have been completely unwarranted.
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Wed March 2nd, 2011, 2:39 am

Strange wrote:
WREKage-Paul wrote:

Given how pissed Skully was that night, the security detail might not have been completely unwarranted.
Heh....but this was BEFORE all of that went down.

Lestregus came out pretty well on the deal, realistically. Heck, King Diamond opened for THEM. (Pun slightly intended. :))
www.wrekage.org