fight over metal

This is the place to talk shit! its also where we flush the nonsense

Moderators: Metalfreak, MS_39455, Brian, AtlantaMetal Staff

SadisticRitual
Member
Posts: 838
Joined: Thu July 29th, 2010, 8:00 am
Location: Atl

Post by SadisticRitual » Fri October 7th, 2011, 11:32 am

Oh boy I just love me some fear factory! so BR00T4L

User avatar
nocommands
Member
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon October 29th, 2007, 11:31 am

Post by nocommands » Fri October 7th, 2011, 12:53 pm

You guys look like tools and listen to shitty music.

User avatar
egg yolkeo
Member
Posts: 554
Joined: Wed January 11th, 2006, 5:10 pm
Location: gwinnett

Post by egg yolkeo » Fri October 7th, 2011, 2:39 pm

fear factory?sounds more like tool with some piano thrown in.

User avatar
Focalor
Member
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon September 19th, 2011, 6:42 am
Location: Athens-Gainesville

Post by Focalor » Fri October 7th, 2011, 5:16 pm

nocommands wrote:You guys look like tools and listen to shitty music.
You know, if you don't like it, don't reply to it. No need to be a total dick to someone who hasn't uttered one unkind syllable to you.

SlashAndThrash
Member
Posts: 1103
Joined: Tue March 30th, 2010, 5:57 pm
Location: East Atlanta

Post by SlashAndThrash » Sat October 8th, 2011, 6:18 pm

Focalor wrote:
nocommands wrote:You guys look like tools and listen to shitty music.
You know, if you don't like it, don't reply to it. No need to be a total dick to someone who hasn't uttered one unkind syllable to you.
maybe you and the band missed this one right at the top of the page
http://forum.atlantametal.net/viewtopic.php?t=1190
G.O.R.E.
Billy and Agnes wrote:JUST LIKE HAVING A WAAART REMOOOVED

User avatar
Focalor
Member
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon September 19th, 2011, 6:42 am
Location: Athens-Gainesville

Post by Focalor » Sun October 9th, 2011, 2:13 am

Of course I read it. But let's read it again.
BlazeTSU wrote:Just to let everyone that happens up here looking to promote a show or a band........THIS IS A METAL MESSAGE BOARD! if you post something other than metal or related styles here then chances are you are going to catch hell for it and no one will like your band, your friends band, your opinion or your event.

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!
Industrial metal is a "related style".

Two words: common courtesy. Not a hard thing to do. Where I come from, people use it all the time.

SlashAndThrash
Member
Posts: 1103
Joined: Tue March 30th, 2010, 5:57 pm
Location: East Atlanta

Post by SlashAndThrash » Sun October 9th, 2011, 3:01 am

Focalor wrote:Of course I read it. But let's read it again.
BlazeTSU wrote:Just to let everyone that happens up here looking to promote a show or a band........THIS IS A METAL MESSAGE BOARD! if you post something other than metal or related styles here then chances are you are going to catch hell for it and no one will like your band, your friends band, your opinion or your event.

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!
Industrial metal is a "related style".
implying that nu-metal is metal. this is a pretty legitimate metal message board, and stuff like this likely isn't going to get kind reviews. Good luck trying to change the world starting with metalheads though, maybe soon everyone will start condoning total bullshit and we can all have nice long detailed discussions about Static-X
G.O.R.E.
Billy and Agnes wrote:JUST LIKE HAVING A WAAART REMOOOVED

User avatar
Focalor
Member
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon September 19th, 2011, 6:42 am
Location: Athens-Gainesville

Post by Focalor » Sun October 9th, 2011, 10:26 am

I'm not implying anything. Buddy calls his music industrial metal, I have the common courtesy to do the same. Maybe I'm a bit of an old fart now, but I don't get the point of all the silly sub-genre labels. You say it's nu-metal and this is a "metal message board". Sounds to me like you agree that it's metal enough to have metal somewhere in the name.

It's not about changing the world. It's about not being an asshole when there's no need for it.

No talking about Static-X. But the new Metallica album is worth discussing.

http://forum.atlantametal.net/viewtopic.php?t=4452
SlashAndThrash wrote:
Focalor wrote:Why are people discussing Metallica on a "metal" messageboard? It's butt rock. It isn't worthy of being mentioned here.
for the same reason people are discussing morbid angel. its still relevant.
Static-X isn't relevant, and this guys music is less "metal" than the new Metallica album. Anything else I should be aware of?

User avatar
BlackRoija
WREKage Staff
Posts: 1399
Joined: Sat November 18th, 2006, 1:12 am
Location: College Park, MD

Post by BlackRoija » Sun October 9th, 2011, 11:45 am

Nu-metal is a marketing term. I didn't come up with it and I don't use it. You'll also never hear "extreme metal", "post-metal", "art rock", "gothic metal", or "world music" pass these sweet lips.

SlashAndThrash
Member
Posts: 1103
Joined: Tue March 30th, 2010, 5:57 pm
Location: East Atlanta

Post by SlashAndThrash » Sun October 9th, 2011, 1:36 pm

Focalor wrote:I'm not implying anything. Buddy calls his music industrial metal, I have the common courtesy to do the same. Maybe I'm a bit of an old fart now, but I don't get the point of all the silly sub-genre labels. You say it's nu-metal and this is a "metal message board". Sounds to me like you agree that it's metal enough to have metal somewhere in the name.

It's not about changing the world. It's about not being an asshole when there's no need for it.

No talking about Static-X. But the new Metallica album is worth discussing.

http://forum.atlantametal.net/viewtopic.php?t=4452
SlashAndThrash wrote:
Focalor wrote:Why are people discussing Metallica on a "metal" messageboard? It's butt rock. It isn't worthy of being mentioned here.
for the same reason people are discussing morbid angel. its still relevant.
Static-X isn't relevant, and this guys music is less "metal" than the new Metallica album. Anything else I should be aware of?
yeah maybe be aware of how metallica was at least at one point an actual metal band with 4 metal albums to their credit, and dropped death magnetic, which despite sucking, was pretty (shitty) metal. That's why they're relevant. Static X and this band aren't even anywhere close to metal and never have been. Maybe if they actually sounded a single thing like Fear Factory, i wouldn't have said anything, but they don't. You are basically here defending Mushroomhead Jr., and I'm just saying "they aren't metal, and they're lame, and they suck, who gives a shit". You don't have to jump in on the bashing but for real, trying to deal out lessons about manners on a message board isn't going to get you shit except silence or a flame war.
G.O.R.E.
Billy and Agnes wrote:JUST LIKE HAVING A WAAART REMOOOVED

User avatar
Focalor
Member
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon September 19th, 2011, 6:42 am
Location: Athens-Gainesville

Post by Focalor » Sun October 9th, 2011, 5:53 pm

Just for educational purposes, I checked around YouTube for Static X videos. Sounds quite like Rob Zombie. I'm willing to bet you like Rob Zombie. But anyway...

I suggest that people have common courtesy, and now somehow I'm the asshole. :lol:

Silence. Good idea. Here we go.

Mangled
Member
Posts: 203
Joined: Thu June 23rd, 2011, 9:20 am

Post by Mangled » Mon October 10th, 2011, 11:36 am

BOTTOM LINE. Sickness in the system (or whatever its called) is fucking horse shit and im pretty positive NO ONE on this forum gives more than half a fuck about it. Doesn't mean stop playing it or listening to it, just post that garbage on a forum that has people who want to hear it, not on a quality metal forum like this one.

User avatar
nocommands
Member
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon October 29th, 2007, 11:31 am

Post by nocommands » Mon October 10th, 2011, 3:21 pm

Focalor wrote:
nocommands wrote:You guys look like tools and listen to shitty music.
You know, if you don't like it, don't reply to it. No need to be a total dick to someone who hasn't uttered one unkind syllable to you.
I speak the truth

User avatar
Moloc
Member
Posts: 1330
Joined: Sun August 8th, 2010, 2:19 pm
Location: In a van down by the river.
Contact:

Post by Moloc » Tue October 11th, 2011, 8:36 am

Focalor wrote:
nocommands wrote:You guys look like tools and listen to shitty music.
You know, if you don't like it, don't reply to it. No need to be a total dick to someone who hasn't uttered one unkind syllable to you.
I've made this mistake before. Trying to keep the peace on this board is a lost cause. I do wish the insults would stay in the Toilet, but what are you gonna do?

User avatar
Metalfreak
Member
Posts: 4164
Joined: Thu July 1st, 2004, 9:26 pm
Location: Clovis, NM

Post by Metalfreak » Tue October 11th, 2011, 4:34 pm

Moloc wrote:
Focalor wrote:
nocommands wrote:You guys look like tools and listen to shitty music.
You know, if you don't like it, don't reply to it. No need to be a total dick to someone who hasn't uttered one unkind syllable to you.
I've made this mistake before. Trying to keep the peace on this board is a lost cause. I do wish the insults would stay in the Toilet, but what are you gonna do?
yeah you speak the truth!

@Focalor - I think one band most everyone is on mutual agreement is that Ministry is awesome. Some industrial is good, like Ministry, but when it starts sounding like nu-metal then it really starts to suck and we don't like sucky music. Like Blaze said, "You've been warned!"

This will be moved to the toilet now lol

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests