Yngwie Malmsteen 8/24

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Metalfreak, MS_39455, Brian, AtlantaMetal Staff

Post Reply
Brian
WREKage Staff
Posts: 3697
Joined: Sun February 25th, 2007, 3:20 pm
Location: Midtown

Yngwie Malmsteen 8/24

Post by Brian » Wed May 30th, 2018, 6:10 pm

Masquerade

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff
Posts: 1062
Joined: Fri April 15th, 2011, 1:09 pm
Location: the bog of eternal stench
Contact:

Re: Yngwie Malmsteen 8/24

Post by melkor » Thu May 31st, 2018, 12:10 pm

fury will be unleashed. fuckin
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

User avatar
Knucklehead
Member
Posts: 3486
Joined: Sat August 26th, 2006, 5:06 pm
Location: Decatur

Re: Yngwie Malmsteen 8/24

Post by Knucklehead » Thu May 31st, 2018, 6:10 pm

melkor wrote:
Thu May 31st, 2018, 12:10 pm
fury will be unleashed. fuckin
No. Just a lot of widdily-widdily.

I tried to like Malmsteen when that Rising Force record was released, but it was no Ride the Lightning.
Diana wrote:Last night I had a blinding headache, so I skipped the gym and went home to drink Bulleit and watch this doc.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff
Posts: 1062
Joined: Fri April 15th, 2011, 1:09 pm
Location: the bog of eternal stench
Contact:

Re: Yngwie Malmsteen 8/24

Post by melkor » Thu May 31st, 2018, 6:28 pm

Knucklehead wrote:
Thu May 31st, 2018, 6:10 pm
melkor wrote:
Thu May 31st, 2018, 12:10 pm
fury will be unleashed. fuckin
No. Just a lot of widdily-widdily.

I tried to like Malmsteen when that Rising Force record was released, but it was no Ride the Lightning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUFzzy1Qg5w
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

User avatar
MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff
Posts: 1993
Joined: Tue May 3rd, 2005, 2:51 pm
Location: Midtown

Re: Yngwie Malmsteen 8/24

Post by MS_39455 » Fri June 1st, 2018, 7:16 pm

Knuck, are there any widdlies that you do dig? Wish this wasn't at Masq.
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Ultimately, who gives a fuck anyway?

User avatar
Knucklehead
Member
Posts: 3486
Joined: Sat August 26th, 2006, 5:06 pm
Location: Decatur

Re: Yngwie Malmsteen 8/24

Post by Knucklehead » Fri June 1st, 2018, 7:49 pm

MS_39455 wrote:
Fri June 1st, 2018, 7:16 pm
Knuck, are there any widdlies that you do dig?
Um, let me think.

.....

No.
Diana wrote:Last night I had a blinding headache, so I skipped the gym and went home to drink Bulleit and watch this doc.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff
Posts: 1062
Joined: Fri April 15th, 2011, 1:09 pm
Location: the bog of eternal stench
Contact:

Re: Yngwie Malmsteen 8/24

Post by melkor » Sat June 2nd, 2018, 8:53 am

hoss knuck prefers the diddlies
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff
Posts: 1062
Joined: Fri April 15th, 2011, 1:09 pm
Location: the bog of eternal stench
Contact:

Re: Yngwie Malmsteen 8/24

Post by melkor » Sat June 2nd, 2018, 9:01 am

seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

User avatar
MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff
Posts: 1993
Joined: Tue May 3rd, 2005, 2:51 pm
Location: Midtown

Re: Yngwie Malmsteen 8/24

Post by MS_39455 » Sat June 2nd, 2018, 6:07 pm

melkor wrote:
Thu May 31st, 2018, 12:10 pm
fury will be unleashed. fuckin

Just getting around to listening to that audio again. Whichever Johansen brother that let the cat out of the bag years later tells the tale the best. That really does have to be one of the most insane heavy metal rock star stories of all time. I can only imagine what a true nightmare the actual video is. Drink all the congac, punch out the copilot, launch a pitcher of hot piss, (all while at 30,000 feet), start the tour. Incredible.
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Ultimately, who gives a fuck anyway?

User avatar
ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff
Posts: 1901
Joined: Wed June 30th, 2004, 4:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Yngwie Malmsteen 8/24

Post by ratanda » Tue June 5th, 2018, 10:10 am

melkor wrote:
Sat June 2nd, 2018, 8:53 am
hoss knuck

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff
Posts: 1062
Joined: Fri April 15th, 2011, 1:09 pm
Location: the bog of eternal stench
Contact:

Re: Yngwie Malmsteen 8/24

Post by melkor » Wed June 6th, 2018, 8:55 pm

MS_39455 wrote:
Sat June 2nd, 2018, 6:07 pm
melkor wrote:
Thu May 31st, 2018, 12:10 pm
fury will be unleashed. fuckin

Just getting around to listening to that audio again. Whichever Johansen brother that let the cat out of the bag years later tells the tale the best. That really does have to be one of the most insane heavy metal rock star stories of all time. I can only imagine what a true nightmare the actual video is. Drink all the congac, punch out the copilot, launch a pitcher of hot piss, (all while at 30,000 feet), start the tour. Incredible.
donuts are a hell of a drug
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

User avatar
MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff
Posts: 1993
Joined: Tue May 3rd, 2005, 2:51 pm
Location: Midtown

Re: Yngwie Malmsteen 8/24

Post by MS_39455 » Sun August 26th, 2018, 1:51 pm

Anyone go? If so, how was it?
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Ultimately, who gives a fuck anyway?

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff
Posts: 1062
Joined: Fri April 15th, 2011, 1:09 pm
Location: the bog of eternal stench
Contact:

Re: Yngwie Malmsteen 8/24

Post by melkor » Sun August 26th, 2018, 8:58 pm

ratanda told me yingwee farted a big donut cloud which forced the rest of his band into a small corner of the stage for the whole set
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

User avatar
MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff
Posts: 1993
Joined: Tue May 3rd, 2005, 2:51 pm
Location: Midtown

Re: Yngwie Malmsteen 8/24

Post by MS_39455 » Mon August 27th, 2018, 8:10 am

:lol:
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Ultimately, who gives a fuck anyway?

User avatar
Temple of Blood
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri November 2nd, 2018, 4:41 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL
Contact:

Re: Yngwie Malmsteen 8/24

Post by Temple of Blood » Mon November 5th, 2018, 1:39 pm

I really enjoyed this show and it was my first time seeing Yngwie.

The vocals could've been better, I have to admit. They were OK, and were only used on maybe 6 songs anyway. Yngwie himself sang 2 or 3 and sounded good on those.

The drummer was EXCELLENT and surprisingly young. I assumed he was Yngwie's kid or something but apparently he also plays for Hellwitch. Small world.

The other musicians were OK and pushed into a corner. Yngwie had like 80% of the stage to himself.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 0 guests