Primate, Order of the Owl, Palaces, M.A.-1/4 @529

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Azrael

Primate, Order of the Owl, Palaces, M.A.-1/4 @529

Post by Azrael » Thu November 21st, 2019, 7:01 pm

PRIMATE probably my favorite Atlanta band ever is playing a show. Kevin Sharp from Brutal Truth, Lock Up, Venomous Concept and tons more on vocals. Bill from Mastodon on guitar and the rhythm section containing of dudes who played in numerous legendary Atlanta bands like Otophobia, The Despised & The Bloody Sods.

Last time they played was when they opened for Carcass at the old Masquerade. Maybe 5 years ago?

Also Order of the Owl, who rule. Brent Anderson is the coolest.

Palaces who I have to admit I'm totally ignorant about.

and Misanthropic Aggression. Def gonna be our biggest Atlanta show. Very much excite.

Azrael

Re: Primate, Order of the Owl, Palaces, M.A.-1/4 @529

Post by Azrael » Sun January 5th, 2020, 9:55 am

Like 3 guys from the entire scene came to this and it was still packed. There seems to be a whole new crop of music fans in Atlanta.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Sun January 5th, 2020, 6:29 pm

Azrael wrote:
Sun January 5th, 2020, 9:55 am
Like 3 guys from the entire scene came to this and it was still packed. There seems to be a whole new crop of music fans in Atlanta.
That's good to hear. I hated having to miss this one.
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Ultimately, who gives a fuck anyway?

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Sun January 5th, 2020, 7:14 pm

we were sitting by the merch area around 7 pm after loading in but before sound checking when this scrawny orange haired guy came up to us and introduced himself as the guy who runs the comedy night which had just ended an hour ago, though I now forgot his actual name. none of us feigned interest in him except for maybe the slight chance he was going to tell us we could set up our gear. he proceeds to proposition us on if we would like to hear a joke. well, he is the comedy guy, and we're just sitting here waiting, so what can it hurt? he starts off, and though I don't remember even roughly what the joke was about, I distinctly remember realizing to myself, "oh my, this is going to be a long one." sure enough, it dragged on for quite a while until he said, "... *something* *something* alec baldwin on snl." and then stopped. I stared at him for a few seconds, not realizing the punchline had come and gone. my two partners on my left and right were staring off into space, obviously oblivious. finally, the awkwardness having reached its zenith, I blurted out "I don't watch saturday night live." he stared back at me for about a second, grinned, then chuckled, "oh, well that's probably for the best!" I think he then tried to explain the joke for a little bit before sauntering off, apparently no worse for wear. I probably won't ever go to a comedy night at the 529.
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Mon January 6th, 2020, 4:41 pm

melkor wrote:
Sun January 5th, 2020, 7:14 pm
we were sitting by the merch area around 7 pm after loading in but before sound checking when this scrawny orange haired guy came up to us and introduced himself as the guy who runs the comedy night which had just ended an hour ago, though I now forgot his actual name. none of us feigned interest in him except for maybe the slight chance he was going to tell us we could set up our gear. he proceeds to proposition us on if we would like to hear a joke. well, he is the comedy guy, and we're just sitting here waiting, so what can it hurt? he starts off, and though I don't remember even roughly what the joke was about, I distinctly remember realizing to myself, "oh my, this is going to be a long one." sure enough, it dragged on for quite a while until he said, "... *something* *something* alec baldwin on snl." and then stopped. I stared at him for a few seconds, not realizing the punchline had come and gone. my two partners on my left and right were staring off into space, obviously oblivious. finally, the awkwardness having reached its zenith, I blurted out "I don't watch saturday night live." he stared back at me for about a second, grinned, then chuckled, "oh, well that's probably for the best!" I think he then tried to explain the joke for a little bit before sauntering off, apparently no worse for wear. I probably won't ever go to a comedy night at the 529.
It was hard to keep a straight face. I wanted to laugh at him (for being a fuckin dweeb not because his joke was funny) BUT I put my poker face on and held the "you suck get outta here nerd" look on as long as I could

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Fri January 10th, 2020, 12:05 pm

I was at the Integrity show and showed up right before Primate. It was a good show, good turnout.

I'm glad you didn't give that comedian more attention.